Monday, February 22, 2010

2.22.2010, ftw

it's occurred to me recently how my life today is closer to the way it was when i worked 60 hours a week for radioshack, wrote 10,000-word pieces for webzines, and went to six shows a year (all touring bands, in dallas) than it was for a couple of years after that. except now i'm married and happier and play in bands that i like. i don't feel as connected to a community as i did when i was spending five nights a week in bars, but my health is better now. i suppose the wreck room book was my way of saying goodbye to all that. one of my coworkers hit me up today to sign up to run the white rock marathon (well, a 5K leg of same) with one of the teams cm is fielding. i might just do it. if nothing else, it'd be motivation to get off my lazy ass. (nothing like the specter of public failure to galvanize one.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Do it! (The 5K)
I am doing my first 10K on Saturday, gulp!
Spending 5 nights a week in a bar does not sound like much fun to me.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home