Sunday, June 10, 2007

green river

a customer at the market spurred a 40-yr-old memory for me tonight, and gave me an oppo to learn something. he made a request for a soda pop called green river, which he said was bottled in chicago and which he'd only seen there and in seattle (where they prolly think it has something to do with a locally famous serial killer, or the band that preceded mudhoney). myself, i remembered it from my uncle charles' house in hawaii wa-a-ay back in '63, and had always presumed it was hawaiian in origin. turns out the stuff was first manufactured during prohibition, by the end of which it was second only to coca-cola in national soft drink sales. go fig.

as gawd is my witness, i'm gonna write something about music again soon. maybe tom'w. kurt rongey sent me a cd-r copy of his new alb and i'm gonna review it for i love fort worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home