Saturday, October 28, 2006

over under sideways down

my nerves are fucking shot
three days away from the straight
that was giving me nervous indigestion
and tying my body into knots
having just signed on to a cool project
with lotsa interesting possibilities
and starting to feel like myself again
i find i'd still rather curl up at home with
a two-year-old magazine and a black cat on my lap
(digging stax's sterling scholarship
and the scrawl of a cat
i remember from when i was editing
the merchandising newsletter
for, um, radioshack)
than hang out with friends or
go catch a gig by a band i really dig

i think i'm done for awhile
with "laughing joking drinking smoking
till i've spent my wage"

tammy said "sit down and do the work"
and now i think maybe it's time
to do just that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home