Monday, October 23, 2006

jesse's own two cents on his show

Ken,

Thanks for all of your kind words and your support. It means a lot, Brother. It's good that people notice what I’ve done in the last few years. A lot of people still only know me for the stuff I did back in 1998. Then there are people like you and Kat and Graham and others who take notice and interest of the new stuff. As for those paintings from the back room from the last 414 show, two I have, the other two -- one being “Cortes the Killer” -- were lost in transit from a gallery in San Antonio. I’ve tried to track them down but with no avail. I’ve given up on them. Those paintings were about the past and now they’re a part of it. I don’t wish to speak of them anymore. We will be out of the studio in a few days. No need for a farewell party or anything. We did that on Gallery Night. We had a good run. I want to thank you and everyone who supported us. It was a very creative and positive space. I think we accomplished a lot. Though there are some that would say it was a waste of space, only using it for a studio. I want to give a special thanks to Greg Bahr -- that guy’s helped and inspired me more than he knows, I couldn't ask for a better studio mate. We'll keep Schlankin’ it only in different places. Thanks again.

Jesse Sierra Hernandez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home