Friday, August 26, 2005

fw haikus (work in progress)

lee

with intent of will
looks like a mad scientist
makes the six-string talk


damien

played in da drumline
most sensible man i know
right on, sticky d


joseph

god's man in fort worth
tcu don't school poets
how did you get here?


jesse

son of the northside
this cat invented himself
you got some style, brah


steve s.

i'm jealous because
he can write better than me
and he's from cali


carl

don't fuck with my man
he may only have one leg
but he'll kick your ass


dre

make something useful
and beautiful from nothing
then you'll be andre


graham

yeah he slings the drinks
but he's really a rockstar
and a real good dad


pearl

sing a funky song
throw your hanky in the air
fly on lady pearl


roderick

warrior for hire
what else can a man do with
infantry training?


tony a.

looks like a biker
but inside he's a poet
still waters run deep


kat

the night you asked if
we could talk for a minute
my life got better


aimee

always remember
i am very proud of you
the best part of me


k1 & k2

always on my mind
i'm sorry that i failed you
but we still have time


matt h.

when i die, burn me
then go spread my ashes on
ev'ry stage i've played


terry

anyone that thinks
that cooking ain't a fine art
is a goddamn fool


chris

stands like a statue
rabbinical student beard
marlin von bungy


johnny c.

through nimble fingers
the heart of a country boy
cries out for justice


tim

such a bitter kid
but he sings like an angel
that can break your heart


big g from philly

knows good rawk from bad
my rabbi and good conscience
let's get real o mind


darrin

lawn guyland homeboy
he's a modern day minstrel
light up them strings, bro


billy

the little red fox
makes magic music happen
dressed like hunter t.


ray

me and my best friends
got somethin' good goin' on
in haltom city


gomez

an angry sun god
a benevolent despot
got any sweet tea?


tony d.

gotta work the room
with my big heart on my sleeve
leggo my ego


karnage

do ya like the jazz
as well as you like the rawk?
well, why the hell not?


na-na

nathan browningham
has better and worse luck than
anyone i know


melissa

i've been doing this
for longer than anyone
but i can't get props


tad

he runs a good bar
this cantankerous old yank
tobacco smoke air


the razor

my gtr hero
it ain't just what you can do
it's how you do it

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my favorite one is Melissa.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My #1 is Kat's. Perfect. Actually made me tear up, and that's a damn hard thing to do.

#2 is the Razor. So true, so true.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home