Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Mick Farren

My friend Mick Farren blogs at doc40.blogspot.com. My oldest daughter says his spoken word performances sound like "an evil Jeremy Irons." I once called him (in print) a "rock'n'roll Renaissance man." Meant it, too. You can read all about his many exciting adventures, books, records, etc. at Funtopia.

He recently had his own Lost In Translation moment while on tour in Japan.

A couple of years ago, I reviewed a CD by his band, the Deviants, for my former employer. My then-editor grudgingly accepted the review and told me, "OK, we'll run it, but after this, you can't just write about your friends." I told him it wasn't my fault I make friends easily. When I reported his comment to Farren, Mick said: "Every movement in art since the beginning of time has been the result of people writing about their friends." So there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patio King said...

give me a ring or shoot me an email.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home